Estate Sale Process
There are many reasons for people to have an estate sale: a death in the family, moving to a new
home, poor health, or altered financial circumstances. No matter what the reason the details can sometimes
be overwhelming. We are here to help!
Below outlines the estate sale process that we follow:
- We receive the call from you, that you are interested in having a sale conducted. We will talk
with you a bit and get to know your situation and the type of estate we are dealing with. We can then
setup a specific time to come out and meet you or your representative at the location.
- We will meet you at the home at the predetermined time and conduct a basic inventory of the contents.
At this time we will then advise you as to whether or not you have enough inventory to conduct a
profitable sale. If you do not have enough inventory, we will present you with alternative options
other than an estate sale.
- We will then determine your timeframe for your sale and present you with our contract. We will
not ask you to sign it at this time. We feel that you should take at least a day or two to read it
over and think it over and consult with co-executors or your estate lawyer if you have one. We are a no pressure company.
- O.K. you're ready to do the sale and have signed the contract and returned it. We will then
obtain a key to the residence. You will be provided with a key release along with your contract. We can also arrange to use the real estate lockbox if you have one at the house. We will
then Schedule the sale date(s) according to availability and obtain any necessary permits from the city.
- We will then come in and separate all the sellable items from the un-sellable and dispose of the
latter. We will group, setup/display, clean, price and label the merchandise. We will post signage inside and out to provide information
to the customers, including: Entrance and exits, do not enter, no smoking, general pricing etc.
(this is done over several days)
- We will advertise and market your sale through our website including descriptions and pictures of
your inventory, the address and map to the house, an email blast that will alert all of our loyal
customers that we are conducting an estate sale for you, we will post the sale on all of our social media outlets and an ad that will run in several local
newspapers prior to the sale. We will also post and take down several signs that we will
strategically place in the local area to attract additional customers, and to help customers easily locate
- We will then conduct your sale (duration: 1 to 4 days depending on amount and quality of inventory).
During the sale we will have one entrance and one exit to safeguard your merchandise. Our staff will be on hand to answer any questions from
customers. We will have staff members doing a variety of jobs during the sale, including: Cashiers, wrappers, organizers and loaders for help with large items.
- After the sale is completed, if requested, we will provide you with a liquidator's number, so you can arrange for a
pick-up of left over merchandise. We can also refer you to a cleanout service if necessary.
- Within 5 business days after sale is completed, we will provide for you a check, invoice and the key provided to us.
- We ask that you please take a few minutes to rate/review our company on any or all of the following places: Facebook, Google and Yelp.